Most interesting question.
From my perspective, you have to :
- design an app describing the firing process,
- then to adopt this "Firing" app through a policy in a gov meeting of the general circle.
This app has to be designed by a role (HR) accountable for that.
II've seen a such app once, but I don't find it in the Holacracy Appstore. The main idea was to have a comitee with 3 roles (advocate, lead link, and ?) deciding of firing or not the person.
One important point - and the first one - from my perspective : firing someone means that that person does not hold any role in the organization. So before this last end, the escalation scenario could be :
• taking somebody out of a role (lead link decision)
• reallocating the person to another role (lead link decision + reallocating talents process)
• if the person does not fit any role, firing process
Hope that helps.